MICHIGAN HAS THE BEST NO-FAULT SYSTEM:
The purpose of the Michigan No-Fault System is to put an injured person in the position they would have been in had the accident not occurred. As a general rule, every person injured in an auto accident is entitled to the payment of certain no-fault benefits. This is true regardless of fault and even if you do not own your own automobile. Some of the benefits include; all reasonably necessary medical treatment for life, wage-loss, attendant care and chore services.
The benefits available in Michigan are unprecedented to any other no-fault system in the U.S. While you may be led to believe that our no-fault system results in higher insurance premiums, this is not true. Insurance companies have found ways to remain extremely profitable in Michigan, even in these extremely dark economic times.
No matter what the injury; from bumps and bruises, to traumatic brain injuries and quadriplegia, this no-fault system allows access to nation-wide, state-of-the-art medical treatment facilities for a person’s care, rehabilitation and recovery for an entire life-time. Statistically almost everyone will be involved in at least one auto accident within their lifetime. As a result, it is important to know about these important benefits if an auto related personal injury occurs.
If you are injured and do not make a timely claim, you could be forever barred from making a claim for injuries arising out of the accident. If you are involved in an auto accident and sustain personal injury, please do not hesitate: Call us first………Act second.
-Suzanne M. Kalka, Attorney -Specializing in aggressively obtaining the best no-fault benefits for the catastrophically injured.
TOP FIVE THINGS TO DO IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT:
1. Immediately, make a police report. (even if you have limited information).
2. Seek medical treatment, if you are injured. Follow your doctor’s advice.
3. If you own a motor vehicle, call your agent and report that you were injured. If you do not own a motor vehicle, contact our office and we will help get you started.
4. Get expert legal advice from an attorney specializing in Michigan No-Fault law. Do not assume that you are getting all the benefits you may be entitled to receive. Our firm specializes in obtaining no-fault benefits for individuals who sustain personal injuries arising out of auto related accidents.
5. Don’t wait. Move quickly, as you only have one year to make a claim and to get your bills paid.