What happens when a Pedestrian is struck by an Uninsured Motorist?

It is important to know that if you are a pedestrian and have been hit by an uninsured driver, even if you are not insured, you still can make a claim for no-fault PIP benefits.

The first thing you must do, is look to a relative that is residing in your household and who has a no-fault insurance policy. That insurance policy would be responsible for paying your PIP Benefits. If that is the case, you must contact that insurance company and fill out an application for PIP Benefits.

If you do not live with anyone who has such a policy you can apply to the Michigan Assigned Claims Facility who will assign an insurer to your claim. This is typically the last resort when there is a priority dispute among insurers.